It’s been a while since I did a tiny BJD pattern! No particular reason: they have a lot of patterns already, and most of the patterns I’ve done this year have been on the elaborate side, which doesn’t work so great in 4″ dollies.
But underwear? Sure! It’s quite a bit different from the bigger sizes. But I didn’t know what to do with it. I mean, I wasn’t going to make a toddler bra/panty pack, and they sure as heck don’t need string bikinis. Eventually I decided on:
Tank tops (v neck, round neck, waist and hip lengths)
Camisole (waist and hip lengths)
Now one thing this pack doesn’t have is a non-stretch panty. Two reasons for that: first, tiny BJDs have ridiculously curvy butts. Non-stretch wouldn’t work so great in that situation. Second, they have such tiny butts that if I had a panty with a back closure instead of one that just slid up over the hips, the back closure would take up roughly 50% of the butt width. Even under a little skirt/dress, that would look a bit weird!
Like the other patterns, this is a really good one for beginners and newbies because you can hand sew everything (not that you have to, but it goes almost as fast as machine sewing) in 15 minutes or less. VERY easy, very simple. Just the sort of thing you can sneak in easily between all those other holiday chores!
I feel guilty about the lack of Tiny BJD outfits this year, but most of the patterns I’ve done haven’t suited the size/shape very well. So when it came to adjusting the Renaissance dress pattern to other sizes, this was the first one I wanted to try!
They’re at the very edge of working, but this pattern does work with them–the simpler options do, at least! There is no under slip for layering or slit sleeves as that would be pretty much impossible at this size, but I added a empire waisted option to the dress and both bell sleeves and fitted sleeves work at this scale, so there’s still lots of options. It’s just more of a regular pattern than a mega-pack 🙂
Autumn is coming, and you know what that means? Kigurumi season! I’m a sucker for Kigurumi. They’re just so adorable, especially on dolls <3 This time the subject of my Kigurumi pattern is tiny BJDs. Previously the pattern pieces had to be huge for the bigger dolls, but when I revamped it to a smaller size I was able to simplify the pattern and eliminate some seams for easier sewing in miniature.
Anyhoo, the pattern is here for those interested.
Note: PukiPuki, PukiFee, and LittleFee all have essentially the same shape, but not the same size. If you want to adapt one of my Tiny BJD patterns to a pukipuki or similar sized doll, try shrinking the pattern to 70% and hand-sew (or machine sew if you’re really, really good at sewing tiny things on a machine!) For LittleFee sized dolls, enlarge the pattern to 157% and machine-sew away!